Besides being an NZ domestic student, students must meet the following criteria in order to maintain their eligibility for Zero Fees:
- Satisfactory academic progress
- Satisfactory attendance, maintaining at least 80% (or programme specific) attendance
- Adherence to the programme’s specific rules and requirements
- Adherence to the provisions of Southern Institute of Technology Student Code of Conduct
- SIT2LRN programmes require evidence of ongoing engagement
If any of these requirements are not met the Zero Fees eligibility may be withdrawn (after due notice).