The Zero Fees Scheme applies to all SIT2LRN programmes. Usually there are no tuition fees as long as you are a NZ citizen or permanent resident (residing in NZ). Students do however need to pay Student Direct Material costs and some courses require textbooks that you’ll need to buy while studying with SIT2LRN. You must maintain satisfactory academic progress to retain your Zero Fees Scheme entitlement.
Students should consider the following additional study costs:
- Computer and Internet access
- Personal stationery etc.
- Each application received for processing incurs a non-refundable $50 administration fee.
- Required textbooks (may also be available for loan through the SIT Library)
- Specific software and/or equipment requirements for some courses (e.g. - Diploma in Digital Film/Photography)
- Cost of applying to NZQA for your New Zealand Certificate or Diploma on the completion of your qualification (currently $15.30).
If you are an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident you must physically reside in NZ while studying to be eligible for the Zero Fees Scheme. Alternatively, if you wish to study in Australia, then you have the option to pay as an international student. International students should contact SIT to enquire about course costs.
The Zero Fees Scheme is available as a result of community funding and present Government policies. Although not foreseen, SIT is unable to guarantee ongoing Zero Fees Scheme provision should present funding arrangements and/or Government policies be reviewed.